The Warm Em Up! Campaign: How it works
You’re the beat of our heart.
Since 2006, you’ve just kept getting warmer. Our blooming network of Warmbassadors and corporate partners have come together with us in recent years to deliver thousands of pairs of brand new adult socks + underwear to Vancouver’s Kettle Society members, and others striving for wellness despite housing insecurity. Whew. Because of you guys, Warm Em Up! has long been invited back for huge rounds of brand new socks + undies at The Kettle Society and the new Recovery Cafe. At this point, we think it’s fair to say we’re in a relationship.
Like always, all participating volunteer Warmbassador Leads (is that you?), organizations and corporate partners undertake an internal sock + underwear + money drive. Individuals do the drive amongst their network(s) in whatever way they see fit. Based on your feedback, we accept cash and e-transfers, and secure credit card donations are also available here on our site. Life gets busy. We’re happy to do the shopping for you.
We are thrilled to offer tax receipts for any donation amount via our partnership with The Kettle Society.
Click on DONATE to contribute!
Warm Em Up! looks different, and needs are significant due to supportive service reductions.
We’ve kept the V I R T U A L giving option and also invite you to join us as traditional Warmbassadors!
- We provide the email and poster templates. You’ll be asked to enter your “collection bin” location information and the contact details for your campaign lead (that might be you!)
- A large cardboard box or storage container usually does the trick as a collection bin—you’re welcome to decorate! Out of respect for our recipients, we ask that only NEW adult socks + underwear are collected. You may need to gently remind your network of this along the way…
- Your coworkers often prefer to save time and have us do the shopping. You can collect cash, or direct your network to donate online by Interac E-transfer to [email protected] or visit our DONATE tab to access our secure giving page should a tax receipt be desired.
- You send out the motivating emails, prompts, texts, etc. to collect these items. We’ll ask for updates along the way so we can cheer you on and share your success with our supporters. Tag us on IG @warmemup and use the hashtags #thebasicsformentalhealth #warmemup2023
- Your loot of socks + underwear + cash need to get to Warm Em Up! headquarters, the Recovery Cafe or The Kettle Society Drop-In Centre. Contact [email protected] to arrange your delivery. If you’re unable to drop off we have volunteers who can pick-up. Just let us know, and we’ll make it happen.
If you would like to learn more about the Warm Em Up! campaign, please leave a message so that we can keep you up to date!
Sample campaign posters are below!
Download away and edit if you’re eager to launch. Contact [email protected] for your materials.
Below are examples of official callout and results materials for Warm Em Up! These help spread awareness of the campaign. If you have a great idea for a poster you’d like to use this year, hook it up – we just ask to see it beforehand…ya know.
Direct Cash Donations
Don’t have a credit card? We accept e-transfers! If you’d like to donate from the comfort of your computer, you can send us an e-transfer to: [email protected] c/o Andrea Ringrose. Online donations via credit card are very welcome too. Please visit the DONATE tab here on our website.